Morpheus8 Eye Treatment
Morpheus8 is a fractional skin treatment that stimulates collagen production of the underlying layers of the dermis. Morpheus8 is a device that combines micro-needling with fractional radiofrequency to treat skin conditions.
By targeting the deeper layers of the skin, tissues of the face and body can be remodeled to reveal a more radiant youthful appearance.
The device utilises three modalities of action:
- Fat coagulation
- Connective tissue contraction
- Bulk heating
Find out more about Morpheus8 Treatment
What is Radiofrequency (RF)?
Radiofrequency uses energy to stimulate collagen and elastin production, but the heat energy is electrical rather than light-based. It is minimally invasive, using a matrix of micro pins to renew the deeper layers of the skin.
What areas can be treated?
Morpheus8 can be used on any areas that can benefit from resurfacing and subdermal renewal. The most commonly treated areas include the face, neck, periorbital(eye) area, tummy, thighs, legs and buttocks.
How many treatments are recommended?
Three treatments. Each 4-6 weeks apart.
What is the cost of a Morpheus8 Eyes Course of Three Treatments?
A course of three treatments costs €1200.
What is the recommended maintenance?
Are there different Morpheus8 handpiece tips?
Prime Tip: 12 thin gold coated micropins. Depth Profile 1mm-4mm – Small areas such as around eyes and mouth.
Morpheus8 Tip: 24 thin gold coated micropins. Depth Profile 1mm-4mm – Face and neck.
Resurfacing Tip: 24 thin gold coated micropins. Depth Profile 0.5mm – areas of scarring/to help improve pore skin texture.
Body Tip: 40 thin gold coated micropins. Depth Profile 2mm-7mm – Tummy, arms, thighs and buttox.
Is the treatment painful?
Topical numbing cream is placed on the area of treatment for 45-60 minutes. This makes the treatment quite tolerable and comfortable. Dr Nadine suggests you allocate 2 hours to include your treatment.
Contraindications of Morpheus8 treatment
- Pacemaker or internal defibrillator, or other metallic or electronic implant anywhere in the body.
- The Handpiece should be used at least 1cm away from cochlear implants in the ear.
- Permanent implant in the treated area such as metal plates, screws, metal piercing, threads or silicon, unless deep enough in the periosteal plane (down into bone).
- Intra-dermal or superficial sub-dermal areas injected with Hyaluronic Acid Filler/collagen/fat injections or other augmentation methods with biomaterial, before the product has broken down (up to 6 months). It is advised to wait at least 6 months post filler treatment as Morpheus8 can essentially dissolve your product.
- Wait 2 weeks post anti-wrinkle injections.
- Current or any history of skin cancer or pre-malignant moles or lesions.
- In full remission from any other type of cancer.
- Unsuitable if pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Severe concurrent conditions, such as cardiac disorders or sensory disturbances.
- Impaired immune system due to immunosuppressive diseases such as AIDS and HIV, or use of immunosuppressive medications.
- Patients with history of diseases stimulated by heat, such as recurrent Herpes Simplex in the treatment area, may be treated only following a prophylactic regime.
- Poorly controlled endocrine disorders, such as diabetes or thyroid dysfunction and hormonal virilization.
- Any active skin condition in the treatment area, such as sores, psoriasis, eczema, and rash.
- History of skin disorders, keloids, abnormal wound healing, as well as very dry and fragile skin.
- History of bleeding coagulopathies or use of anticoagulants in the last 10 days
- Any facial surgery performed within a year prior to treatment.
- Facial dermabrasion, facial resurfacing, or deep chemical peeling within the last three months, if face is treated.
- Having received treatment with light, laser, Radiofrequency (RF), or other devices in the treated area within the last 2 weeks. 3 weeks for non-ablative procedures, and 6-12 weeks for ablative fractional laser resurfacing (according to treatment severity) prior to treatment, except for special recommendations.
- To reduce risk of hyperpigmentation you cannot be exposed to intense UV light/sun holiday 3-4 weeks pre and post Morpheus8 treatment.
- Use of Isotretinoin (Accutane®) within 6 months prior to treatment
- Use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDS, e.g., ibuprofen-containingagents) one week before and after each treatment session, as per the practitioner’s discretion as this reduces inflammation response needed for good results.
- Treating over tattoo or permanent makeup to be kept.
- Treating over the lips.
- Dr Nadine chooses to treat Fitzpatrick skin types I-IV only as darker skintones have a very high risk of hyperpigmentation post heat treatments.
- Treating over hair bearing surfaces need to be clean shaved prior to treatment.
- Irritable skin like excessively tanned skin from sun, tanning beds or tanning creams and sprays within the last two weeks.
- Unsuitable for treatment if presenting with any allergies to gold or nickel.
MORPHEUS8 Immediate Post Treatment Side Effects
- Erythema (redness) 1-3 days
- Possible edema (localised swelling) for up to 1 week
- Tiny needle holes/scabs may appear, lasting for a few days
- Possible bruising
- Downtime 2-5 days, depending on treatment parameters, patient skin type & treatment response/side effects. Dr Nadine applies AnteAGE® Growth Factors post treatment which reduces redness and inflammation by 50% when compared to no application.
- Possible breakout, dry or itchy skin
Post Treatment Aftercare
- Use an antiseptic product (e.g. Clinisept) to clean your face for 5 days post-treatment which Dr Nadine will give to you. To reduce risk of infection ONLY apply this product to your face using a clean gauze for 5 days post-treatment.
- Although advice can vary Dr Nadine prefers to be over cautious and advises NO MAKE-UP application for 5 days post treatment.
- Avoid touching your face.
- Return to your normal skin routine, SPF and make-up from day 6 only.
- Avoid significant sun exposure or sunbeds for approx. 4 weeks post-treatment.
- Do not pick or pull any scabs or areas of dry skin to reduce the risk of hyperpigmentation.
- If you have any concerns please immediately contact Dr Nadine.