Lip filler treatment is one of Dr. Nadine’s favourite procedures to perform. She aims to achieve a natural, subtle rejuvenation of the lip. When you initially meet Dr. Nadine she will focus on educating you in the importance of slowly building and shaping the lip. For example a client with a difficult ‘M shape’ lip or very thin lip will require at least three treatments within 12-18 months before achieving their desired shape. This long time span is critical to achieving a natural shape with no unsightly spillage or migration of filler.
Filler lasts 9-12 months once the desired shape and size is achieved. Generally, clients return annually for the addition of lip filler once they are at the maintenance stage.
As Dr. Nadine is a dentist she initially numbs the client with dental anaesthesia injections as though having a dental procedure. This ensures comfort throughout the lip augmentation procedure as multiple injections are necessary to sculpt the lip. On request, you may receive topical numbing cream only.
Dr. Nadine has received advanced masterclass training from Dr. Rikin Parekh, Avanti Aesthetics Academy, Harley St., London. Dr. Rikin is a world-renowned injector and a keynote speaker and trainer for Galderma. Dr. Nadine has also been privileged to receive masterclass training at KLR Aesthetics, Liverpool and Butterfly Aesthetics, Leeds. Both Nurse Katie and Claire are master lip injectors who pride themselves in creating naturally augmented lips.
Find out more about lip augmentation
What is lip filler composed of?
Filler is hyaluronic acid, a naturally occurring sugar in the skin that’s responsible for hydration. It has a gel-like consistency and is injected into the ‘problem areas’ of the lips to add volume and create shape and definition to the lip border. Many clients opt for this treatment due to the increase in lip hydration which it helps create.
What brand of filler does Dr. Nadine use?
Dr. Nadine uses Restylane or Stylage filler to augment lips. Depending on the lip-type she may use Restylane Kysse, Restylane Refyne, Stylage S or Stylage M. Please feel comfortable to discuss which product she is using and why during your visit.
Contraindications for treatment
- Pregnant or breastfeeding
- Immune disorders
- Previous complications when treated with filler
- Certain medications
Pre appointment advice
In order to recover quickly and minimise downtime post-treatment please adhere to the following advice.
- No alcohol 48 hours pre-treatment.
- No ibuprofens 48 hours pre-treatment or until lips have settled.
- No caffeine on the day of treatment pre or post.
- Start taking arnica tablets 2 days prior to treatment.
- Avoid exercise 24 hours pre-treatment.
- Please notify Dr. Nadine if you are feeling unwell or taking a course of steroids or antibiotics as she will most likely postpone your treatment.
- If you are prone to cold sores please contact the clinic in advance as a prophylactic course of antiviral medication can be prescribed.
- If you have an active cold sore or infection at the site of injection treatment must be deferred.
- Due to anaesthesia do not consume hot drinks post-treatment.
- After your treatment avoid excessive forms of heat.
- Avoid alcohol 48 hours post-treatment.
- Apply ice to reduce swelling.
- Arnica cream may be applied to reduce bruising.
- Avoid make-up on the injection site for a few days to reduce the risk of infection.
- Avoid kissing for 24 hours.
- It is normal for lips to look uneven or have palpable lumps or bumps during the healing process.
- Avoid face treatments or massage for 3 weeks.