A brow lift can be achieved by placing an anti-wrinkle muscle relaxant in the frown lines (between the brows) and also at the tail of your eyebrows. This will stop all of the natural gravitational drag-down forces of your eyebrows.
To achieve best results your forehead is not treated to allow the natural raise of your eyebrows to remain also.
Are results predictable?
Results will vary depending on your age and tone of the muscles that are left active to pull up the now relaxed muscles.
Some patients are best suited to a surgical option due to the amount of excess eyelid skin they have.
When will I notice results?
It takes 14 days for your treatment to fully activate.
How long will results last for?
Results last for 3-4 months.
What are the potential side effects?
- Small bumps at the injection site will be visible for about 10-15 minutes after treatment.
- Clients seldom bruise but when needles are involved it is always a viable risk.
- A tension headache may be experienced post-treatment for a few days while the muscles are beginning to relax.
- Risk of infection. Dr. Nadine strongly encourages wearing no make-up after treatment for the remainder of the day to minimise this risk.
- Allergic reaction
- Blurred vision
- Discomfort from the needle
- Eyelid swelling
- Redness, swelling, itching, numbness, irritation, rash
Important Aftercare advice
- Wear no make-up post procedure for the remainder of the treatment day.
- Avoid rubbing your eyes.
- Gently cleanse in a sweeping motion away from eyes
- Avoid any form of eyebrow procedures for 2 weeks post-treatment.
- Avoid facials for 2 weeks post-treatment.
- No strenuous exercise for 24 hours.
- Avoid alcohol, caffeine and ibuprofen for 24-48 hours post injections to reduce the risk of bruising.
- Avoid extreme pressures of heat like sauna, steam room, hot tub for 2 weeks.
- Dr. Nadine encourages a 2-week review post-treatment if you are a first time patient.